This is my Shapeoko 2 CNC Mill that I’m putting together. I’ve worked with laser cutters in the past and I’m hoping that knowledge base; helps me with this project. However, I’ve never built a CNC machine or worked with one. I don’t even know anything about CNC, so building it is taking me a while. I hope that I can learn fast and start using it to make art.
My goal is to make a type of sign art from vector art I already have. I’ve tried doing it using chisels and also powered tools but I can’t get the detail and precision I need. This is where the Shapeoko 2 will come in handy. It is a tool that can be used to mill plastics, metals and wood.
I have the Shapeoko 2 kit built, it’s just waiting to be wired up. I also have the electronics and metal housing working… I just need to wire this together and maybe paint the case. I found an old Sony CD Changer (remember those?) in my electronics junk pile. The Cd changer has just the right dimensions to house the TinyG CNC controller, power supply and fans.
- Wall Mounted Artwork Of A Datsun 510 Restomod - February 7, 2024
- Speeding Acura NSX Automotive Wall Art, 3d Print To Decorate Your Living Space - February 6, 2024
- Pura Uva Design In Honor Of Nayib Bukele’s Win - February 6, 2024
- Mk4 Supra Artwork For Project Car Build, 3d Printed Home Or Office Decor - February 5, 2024
- Miata Mx5 Silhouette Wall Decor Artwork For Home Or Office Easy 3d Printing - January 31, 2024
- Arcade Racer Button Box Companion To T300RS Steering Wheel, 3D Printed - January 30, 2024